and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Changing my diet and habits to honor God...

I am convicted today by the following scripture:

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I have to admit I am not a disciplined person. I beat myself up because of it sometimes. I have many friends who honor their bodies with good nutrition and wouldn't think about intentionaly introducing toxins into their bodies with the likes of Diet Coke. I love Diet Coke. I love Starbucks Frappuccinos!! I have managed to severely cut back on the Frappuccinos but the Diet Coke is going to take awhile and some effort. I need help with it so I am asking my friends to be praying I will lose my desire for these "evil" beverages.

I am grateful today for Jim Miller giving me permission to publish his story of surviving cancer by using a very strict organic vegetable diet. Read his inspiring story on the "Inspiration" page. See the tab under the title.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rhonda...Since tomorrow is your birthday you can have all the diet cokes and Starbucks you want for one day...then I will pray that you will lose your desire for those "evil beverages"...if you want to grow old with me...we've been friends for how many years???Since first grade...circa 1956...oops...that gave it away...Happy Birthday tomorrow! Love you! Your BFF Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam, my BFF for 55 years! You are my first comment too! I am remembering the 80 - 20 rule and celebrating my day with a Frappuccino. I adore them and look forward to savoring the rich, chocolatey, coffee goodness. Can't wait to see everyone at noon today.

    ReplyDelete