and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Monday, March 1, 2010

This is a good day to begin again....again

It's my birthday! What better day to take stock of where I am and decide where I'm going? I am thinking birthdays are a better day to resolve to make changes than New Years day. Afterall, it's a special day for each of us if we want it to be.

I am losing weight...40 pounds to be exact!! I am beginning today to make a few little changes in my eating habits. Once I have conquered those changes I'll make a couple more changes. I think a major overhaul is not the way to go. More importantly, I shall begin today to change the images I have of myself in my subconscious mind:

MARK 11:24 NKJ
24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Exercise is a four letter word in my book. BUT...today I shall begin again. Three days per week at the Y and treadmill here at home on the off days. I am praying for a change in my attitude about exercise. I want to love it and look forward to it.

I am grateful for good health and good friends. My high school girlfriends are taking me to lunch today. How blessed am I to still enjoy friendships from my childhood? These wonderful, amazing women have been part of my life for 55 years! I thank God for them. The well wishes on Facebook have been overwhelming too.

Thank you everyone for making my day special. I am hoping you will help in holding me accoutable for this exercise and diet journey.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! I love this post today on your birthday...we will encourage each other day by day as we share what's going on in our lives since we've chosen to take advantage of that "Open Window" God has placed before us! God bless you, Rhonda...and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete