and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Grateful for vacations...

I was going to be thankful today for a lazy Saturday but after working all day preparing for a trade show next week, packing for vacation and finishing the fertilizing I have decided it wasn't a laid back lazy day after all.

There is never a shortage of blessings to be thankful for however. I am thankful Wayne and I have a short vacation beginning Monday. We are headed to St. Augustine to the World Golf Village for a few days of R and R. We plan to read books, lay by the pool, eat out a few times, eat in a few times....

Unfortunately, I double booked myself at a trade show for Rotarians in Orlando on Wednesday. Alas, I shall drive to Orlando on Wednesday afternoon and back to St. Augstine on Wednesday night, while Wayne sips pina calladas by the pool. DARN!!

It will be good to get away and rest, reflect, meditate and enjoy the company of good friends we don't often see. Larry and Phyllis are driving down from Atlanta to join us. They are old and dear Delta friends. Phyllis and I met in flight attendant training school in 1993 and have been good friends since. Larry is also a Delta employee and an excellent cook. I am looking forward to a "partner" in the kitchen. We both enjoy cooking and especially eating.

I'll try to post while I'm gone but can't promise anything. I may find a good outlet mall that will fill my time.

Thank you Lord for good friends and vacations. Be present with them and keep them and us safe on our drive. Bless us this week with peace and quiet, good weather and good food. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip and a relaxing time with good friends and hubby. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. There is a great outlet mall in St. Augustine, so I expect you will find it. We'll miss you here unless you feel compelled to write...but even bloggers need a vacation! Have fun! May God go with you and give you peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete