and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grateful for health....

Today I am grateful for my excellent health!! I am feeling great and lookng...well, pretty good all things considered. Once I have shed about forty pounds I'll look the way I should. We have already had that discussion. It's not an easy process and progress is slow but I am doing mostly what I should to make that happen.

Healthwise though, I am in great shape. I have been able to change my health insurance policy to a very high deductable because I only need it to protect against catostrophic circumstances. I do not need doctor visits covered because I seldom need a doctor. Changing the insurance policy has saved Wayne and I thousands and thousands of dollars in premiums. I simply pay my own office visits which are few and far between. The last time I actually had a "sick" visit to a doctor was when I had a melanoma removed from my leg several years ago. Many of you will remember that because you were praying for me. Praise God I healed in short order and did not need any follow up treatment!

I have friends and family though who are not doing so well. I am thinking of them and praying for them today. Their illnesses have made me very, very grateful for my good health. I have a cousin battling ovarian cancer and a good friend battling breast cancer. The treatments they have both endured are unimagineable! They have both been "walking through the valley of the shadow of death" for years now and I admire the positive spirit and tenacity they have maintained through it all.

If you want to be inspired read the "Inspiration" page of this blog. Jim Miller's story is quite remarkable! If you are enjoying good health, as I am, thank God for it. If you are trying to lose weight with diet and exercise, lets stick with it together, encouraging one another. If you are having health problems that requires treatment, I am praying for a good outcome. Thank you Lord for helping my friends "fear no evil, for thou art with them."

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff!! I really like this. We definitely have to count our blessings!!

    ReplyDelete