and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Grateful for freedom!

I know you are already thinking the patriotic kind of freedom. I have to say I take the freedoms we enjoy here in the USA for granted. We should all be thanking God everyday for the ability to say, think and come and go as we please without fear. Think of the people in North Korea, Iran, China and other places where everything is controled by the powerful elite or the government.

The kind of freedom I'm enjoying today though is the kind I gained with my retirement from my 9 to 5!! I am sitting in my wonderful office upstairs with windows on three sides looking out at the world. It's a beautiful day and I enjoy listening to the birds and watching them in the bird bath. Believe it or not, I am able to make phone calls and send emails while enjoying life. What could be better?

Working from home or running a home based business is certainly not for everyone but I just can't tell you how much I enjoy it. If I wish to have three hour lunches with girl friends, no problem. If I want to work my business only until 1:30 in the afternoon, I can do it. If on Tuesday my husband and I want to get in our boat and cruise the Dora canal we do it. If I want to gift this lifestyle to five of my friends I can do that too. There is no other business that would allow me the opportunity to ethically produce this kind of security and this kind of lifestyle.

It's good to be happy in your chosen vocation no matter what that is. Crown Financial Ministries teaches that each of us should work as if we are working for the Lord....because we are.

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy for you that you are able to enjoy the work that God has given you! That is truly a blessing! "Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:31

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! You know, I always focus on the positive but I never want to make it seem as though my work is easy. It is very simple but it's not easy. I work my rear off but the rewards are great too.

    How is it going with your new job?

    ReplyDelete