and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Monday, May 7, 2012

James is still needling me! One Day at a Time!

I loved the Beth Moore study of the Book of James.  I have posted it about it before.  I also hated the study of the Book of James because it's convicting!  It's not easy looking inward and finding you are not where you ought to be....in your own opinion.  I'm sure I'm right where God intends me to be but I, being human, think God needs my help with this one.

Now my Tuesday morning prayer group is studying James.  So I have another opportunity to beat myself up over my failings.  My tongue is still wagging, but not as bad as before.  My ability to keep straight what I have to do and stay focused is better but still needs improvement.  Leading by example is my greatest challenge currently.

Many of our group have been out of town so we have taken a little break for about four weeks.  We shall resume our meetings this week and begin with the first chapter of James.  Thankfully it isn't my turn to lead but my Bible seems to weigh about 2500 pounds.  I know I'll do better and be better once I start reading again.  I am reminded of the chorus one of my favorites:

One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.

I love that song and may have to make it my motto! 

It's a beautiful thing to awaken to another promising day to honor God by at least trying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment