and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Monday, November 22, 2010

One day down and nothing accomplished toward Thanksgiving dinner!

My last post I mentioned I would start prepping today and guess what? Nothing has been done except the several appointments I had scheduled and now I'm headed to a meeting. That puts me one day behind! I was actually looking forward to my time in the kitchen today. Does anyone else look forward to a day alone (or with someone you love) in the kitchen, lovingly preparing special dishes? I find cooking a time of reflection and meditation...IF...I have the time, the ingredients, the utensils and a good glass of wine!

I am singing in the Christmas cantatta this year with our church choir so I'll be practicing my bass part to the music while I'm in the kitchen. "Singing" is a little strong....it's more like making a "joyful noise!" Anyway, I'll be singing His praises while I cook. And yes, I said bass. Amazingly, I can't reach the alto notes but I fit right in with the bass section.

Soooooo....tomorrow is cornbread and chopped vegetables day. I'll knock that out right after the 6:00 AM prayer breakfast and the 8:00 AM communications committee meeting and the noon girls lunch. Oh well, I did have good intentions!

No comments:

Post a Comment