and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How do you slow down a busy life?

My mother-in-law, Rhoda, is fading fast. She is 93 years old and her health has been declining for several years. She lives in Louisville, Kentucky in the home where my husband was reared. I wish we had visited more often this last year but life gets in the way of our priorities. We received the call last night advising she would not last much longer. As soon as Wayne was off the phone the debate about what to do and how to do it began.

We need to just get in the car and go to be with her but the electric meters need to be read, electric bills calculated, invoices for rent and electric printed and delivered. It's the first of the month and we can't just take off and do it later. It's a dilemma for both of us. Wayne is torn between needing to be with his mom and needing to complete his work. What to do, what to do...

I have commitments at church and Rotary and with my Juice Plus team for the next week or two as well. All I can think of is how I'm going to get it all done before we take off for Louisville and I'm praying we get there in time. How do we prioritize our lives?

Obviously we are not the only ones to face these challenges. I just can't determine how to change things. We can't just drop everything and run when we need to. There are people depending on us and there is church work to be done. How do you handle these issues?

One thing I shall resolve to do in the future is to keep up with the work at hand. If I weren't behind on just about everything, some of the issues I'm facing now would already be complete and behind me. I am also going to ask for help when I need help. Maybe the next time we have an emergency we'll be better prepared.

Lord help me with the important things and the trivial issues of everyday life. Give me the strength and wisdom to make the tough decisions. May the Holy Spirit guide my path. Amen

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will be able to go to Wayne's mother. I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation...one that we all have to face sooner or later...and there is never a good time. But...as you pray, I am sure God will provide the right answer...and perhaps some people who can step up to the plate and help out during this time. Our prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete