and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Road Rage!!!












I am a calm, easy going person most of the time. I am very flexible, adapt to change easily and love life in general. There are a few things that will "set me off" but only a few things. One is looking for stuff that I know I put "right here." When it is not "right there" I have a tendency to throw a little fit.

The other thing that makes me a little crazy is slow drivers in front of me on a two lane road when I'm running 10 minutes behind schedule. Good grief! You would think I was a crazy woman! I don't make gestures or honk or anything anyone would notice but the thoughts that go through my mind and the words that emanate from my mouth are incredible. I can just hear my Aunt Ruth saying, "she'd be such a pretty girl if it weren't for that mouth." Sometimes I don't even recognize myself.

It happened tonight on my way to Lake Mary for a Juice Plus event. I was headed east on SR46 and you guessed it, someone is doing 25mph in a 55mph zone.COME ON!! Is it really necessary to come to a complete stop before you make a right hand turn? Do you slow pokes always have to be going in my direction?

The good news is, I came to my senses and started to wonder what Jesus would think of my thoughts and language at that moment. GUILTY! My friend, Pam, posted one of my favorite verses on her blog this week. It is my prayer for myself tonight.

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight. Oh Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Amen. Psalm 19:14

1 comment:

  1. There is a reason that I KEEP that verse on my blog everyday...It is is my life verse...and I have to refer to it often. Not sure what it is about slow drivers on the road, but it sure evokes amazing passion that we never knew we had before...and it isn't the "love" kind of passion. Thanks for this reminder today...I can certainly relate to your "pain".

    ReplyDelete