and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggety jig



God knows I love to travel but coming home is it's own reward. Normally I like a four day trip. A little trip to the beach for a few days of R and R is a wonderful thing. I have even done a four day trip to Europe more than once. (I get there, cram in as much as possible and get back before my body can realize what's happened.)

The trip to Phoenix was a full eight days. Much, much longer than I like but I have to say it was most enjoyable. We were so busy sight seeing and Juice Plus conferencing we never had the "down" time to start missing our own bed and shower.

As I wrote previously, the landscape was beautifully in bloom, the weather was good and the company was great! I loved the art work and the native American culture. The food was wonderful and the massage was so relaxing I fell asleep several times. Wayne's magnificent gift was particularly appreciated. I can't wait to go back in two years!

But home sweet home is not just a cliche'. It wasn't easy getting here and we arrived at 0200. In the middle of the night while unpacking the car I found myself moving my potted plants out into the storm so they would receive God given rain water. In the dark I walked around our small courtyard to soak in the flowers and herbs. It seems the lush, tropical landscaping is in bloom here too. My gardenias are about to pop! I can hardly wait. (I shall post pictures when the buds are open.)

I am so happy to be back in my own bed, shower in my own shower have access to my own refrigerator. It takes so little to make me happy. I am just happy to be home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment