and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Criss crossed lives....

Have you ever prayed for guidance to know what you should be doing with your life? I have. Many, many times. The answer I received was the same each time but it took me a while to realize it. I think God speaks clearly to me. I just don't always hear Him. Listening is the issue. When I finally "got it" I began moving to follow the path I believed was mine. Then the doubts began. Why does that always happen?

I think my problem has been I didn't understand WHY God wanted me to do what He wanted me to do. WHY is a very big word. When the "why" of something is defined it changes everything. The purpose becomes crystal clear and the doubts recede.

The purpose for my path is the people who will be touched in ways that I could never understand. People come into our lives for a purpose and it doesn't always have to be about me. Maybe, just maybe, it's about them and their lives. I am very okay with that now that I understand it. Our lives criss cross until we are all woven together. The "fabric of our lives" is not just a slogan or a cliche' but a reality. We are all connected like a patchwork quilt and God is the stitching.

I can't believe how many times the answer to my WHY has been spoken to me by others who didn't know they were giving me a message. Now that I understand it I can remember time and time again hearing the same expressions but I never heard them. Sometimes God, a brick up side the head may be more effective. Now that I understand I feel so foolish for not realizing it before. Do you suppose He ever grows weary of our lack of understanding?

I know there is a scripture that could be inserted here but I can't think of it. Maybe someone out there can help me with that?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure there is a scripture...probably quite a few of them...God dealt with the people of Israel over and over and over and is still dealing with them...and they didn't "get it"...look what happened to Jesus, the Messiah...God sent His only Son to them...and they completely missed it. But, God does NOT grow weary...He loves us and just keeps plugging away at teaching us and leading us and talking to us...We hear God in messages like this one...Thanks, I needed that too! Love ya Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. It's one of my favorite verses. We live in such a hurried life, but sometimes we need to just sit and wait for God will answer us in His time not ours. I've heard him speak to me about others when I was praying for them and their needs. Firt time that happened, I thought that was very strange and wondered, why would He speak to me about them. Why doesn't He just speak to them? Realizing that maybe it was a confirmation or encouragement for something that they already knew.
    Thanks for sharing. I like your blog.
    Vicki R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the encouragement Vicki and Pam. I was concerned this post would make little sense to anyone because I do not discuss my purpose only that it is clear to me and now my WHY is clear. That was the missing link. I appreciate your friendhship! AND I love that scripture. So simple but yet so profound.

    ReplyDelete