and spirit...encouragement for your soul.

Hopefully this will be a place of resources and information for living a healthy lifestyle while feeding your soul. Recipes, links to helpful sites, words of encouragement and scripture....all to help you and your family make wise decisions for your life.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Catching up and starting over....

Okay, vacation is over, we have visited with our old and dear friends, we have eaten every treat we could lay our hands on, watched good movies and drank to excess. It was fun and now it's time to undo the damage.

Starting tomorrow I shall stop the Frappuccinos, again! I shall start to eliminate many of the toxins I regularly consume like Diet Coke. I am not going "cold turkey" but will gradually reduce the amount I consume. Part of the problem with stopping all at once is the headache from caffiene withdrawal is excrutiating. I've done it before and shall never do it again.

More vegetables, more fresh fruit, deffinately more salads shall be the order of each day this week. I am dragging out and dusting off my vegetarian cook books and plan to experiement with several new recipes. I shall also prepare some of our old favorites. I'll post any really good recipes I find, try and think they are worth your time. If you have any suggestions please email them to me.

Be in prayer that I'll find the discipline and strength to stick with my exercise program this week. I'll be praying for help too.

1 comment:

  1. I'll pray for you and you pray for me...I'm not having any problems with eating too much...I can barely find time to eat...too much mental exercise for this old brain right now. Going to bed. G'nite.

    ReplyDelete